November 30, 2009

Reading between lines

This is a toughie.... Why cant be people be more direct? I am person who has tried to adapt to the situations but always ended up reading between lines when i am not supposed to and vice versa. A little introspection leads me to an upbringing issue. We from childhood have experienced the cushioning effect by our parents. They always sugar coat the world realities and present it in a way that we don't really understand the real issues.

This makes us want to hear or show the easy part. I had started molding myself to try to understand the hidden agenda between what i was being told. I was so successful that i started questioning each and every thing i was reading or being told. I was not being able to take them at face values.

The scary part comes now... people have started telling to stop this habit of mine of reading between lines. The question of trust begins to be asked.

The dilemma has me stumped. Life doesn't make it easy for anyone. Should I stop reading between lines and be liable to be hurt some more while enjoying the rosy picture of taking things at face value? or just try to read every sign and understand the real truth?

Trying to balance both can not be achieved and anyone who says otherwise is either a GOD or a complete ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment