November 28, 2009

Is Change the only constant thing?

The saying goes "The only constant in this world is Change". I believed this till yesterday. Today i have begun to doubt this.

Yesterday i was searching for a blog i had written more than 6 years back. Reading the blog i realized that in life i haven't changed at all. The only thing had changed was the characters in my life's situation.

I began to wonder that does a person actually ever learn from the past. I am still make the same mistakes, have the same expectations, want the same things in life.

I thought I had changed. I had made a lot promises to not allow myself to feel the same way. Never feel the pain that i underwent at that time ever again. You must have guessed where i am heading with this. I had loved and lost once when i took the vow, yet here i am again in the same situation. The solitary change is the person who i want in life right now.

I guess i am answering the question on my own. Change is an illusion that we create to make us feel better in the short run. In the long run we are who we are, when the pretenses end the realization dawns upon you that we are the still the same person wanting the same things in life.

I know many wont agree with me but just a small peek in the past and you will realize the same.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...
    I tried to get our of these 'ruts' a good while ago with very little success. It wasn't until my housemate pointed me in the direction of a book that everything began to slowly but surely change.

    It is called Reinventing your Life and it is buy Klosko & Young. It talks about 'life traps' and while some of it is quite heavy it does make you stand back and evaluate what is going on in your life.

    Hope this helps a little.
    Great blog, I'll keep up to date, you are on my 'reading list' now :)

    Kindest thoughts,

    GA x

    ReplyDelete